Responsive Routines: 2024
A conversation series, with 6 sessions. The foundation for engaging in quality pedagogical practice is a team that recognises the value and organisation of the daily routine as one of its major focusing points.
22 Apr 2024, 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
Live Online Meeting - 6 sessions
About the event
The foundation for engaging in quality pedagogical practice is a team that recognises the value and organisation of the daily routine as one of its major focusing points.
“We are highly organised, because we do not leave learning to chance”
Carla Rinaldi, personal notes Reggio Emilia 2016 study tour
When routines are organised in a way that fosters children’s agency it can often result in a more peaceful and calmer climate and allow for more sustained quality interactions. At some point in the day every classroom engages in mealtimes, sleep or relaxation and grouping, all of which require smooth and thoughtful transitions. It is not so much the timing of these routines that matter everyday but how we approach them with intentionality and organisation so that we can be present and unhurried. The humble routine can be a time where we celebrate quality interactions and slow time and not be hijacked by supervision and chaos.
This conversation series includes 6 sessions:
1. Respectful Practice* -Respectful relationships, unhurried time, consent and an agreement approach
2. Transitions & Rituals - Slow vs hard transitions, routines and rituals, birthdays, welcomes and special moments
3. Team Organisation - Teamwork that prioritises pedagogical practice, physical environments that are organised
4. Dive Deep: Mealtimes* - Setting the environment, responsive meals not progressive meals, present and attuned
5. Dive Deep: Sleep/Relaxation* - Setting the environment, self-settling, relaxation as a pedagogical practice
6. Dive Deep: Grouping Children* - The ‘why’ of grouping, intentionality, group size matters, reimagining ‘group time’
*These topics include making visible a poster to showcase the tone, climate and practices of respect, mealtimes, sleep/relaxation and grouping children.
Please make sure to include your postal address when registering, so that we can send you the series booklet.
TEST TICKET ONLY$1.00Tax: +$0.10 GST+$0.03 service fee
Online ticket$330.00Tax: +$33.00 GST+$9.08 service fee